• Bienvenue sur Cyber-Mecha, le forum de la maquette de science-fiction. Merci de vous Connecter ou de vous Inscrire.

Truck Loading Bay + WIP

Démarré par tiking, 21 Janvier 2019 à 14:58:05

« précédent - suivant »

tiking

Poseidon690

Hello,

This man is a wizard !

Absolutely amazing !!!
Le vin c'est la France, alors lever le coude c'est saluer le Drapeau !!! Tittou - Mech'Albums

tiking

Glad you like this one as well.

Globetrotter08

Bouq'

I thought it was the actual trailer pictures and wondered where were the model pics!!!!

I've only one regret Tiking (and you already know about it ;) ) : We'd like to see your WIPs pics. It would be great help for us to learn about your skill and your methods to get such perfect projects.
I know you're not fan of WIP pics but it would be so great to take benefit from your art.

EDIT : you can thank the members messages by using the "Merci" button (with the thumb up) in the top of their message.

sur Facebook : sur la Page ou dans le Groupe

- Remerciez les cyberméchanistes avec le bouton
- Les cyberméchanos près de chez vous

tiking

Citation de: Bouq' le 22 Janvier 2019 à 07:38:51
I thought it was the actual trailer pictures and wondered where were the model pics!!!!

I've only one regret Tiking (and you already know about it ;) ) : We'd like to see your WIPs pics. It would be great help for us to learn about your skill and your methods to get such perfect projects.
I know you're not fan of WIP pics but it would be so great to take benefit from your art.

EDIT : you can thank the members messages by using the "Merci" button (with the thumb up) in the top of their message.

You are in luck. I have wip of this build. Do you want me to put it here or start a new thread?

Bouq'

YES !!!!
Many thanks Tiking

Citation de: tiking le 22 Janvier 2019 à 08:55:05Do you want me to put it here or start a new thread?

you can put it in thsi thread. For the non-sci fi projetcs, everything is gathered.

sur Facebook : sur la Page ou dans le Groupe

- Remerciez les cyberméchanistes avec le bouton
- Les cyberméchanos près de chez vous

leup

Ouhlala ! That is incredible.

I am not into trucks models kits (unless it is for a mad max kind of truck) but your work is amazing. As Bouq said, I thought that at least one photo was the real truck...

:20:

tiking

Citation de: leup le 22 Janvier 2019 à 14:27:21
Ouhlala ! That is incredible.

I am not into trucks models kits (unless it is for a mad max kind of truck) but your work is amazing. As Bouq said, I thought that at least one photo was the real truck...

:20:

A compliment like that, is always the best ones. Thank you kindly. I will put up the wip tomorrow, when I am at my computer. Lots of photos.

tiking

Upon request, here is the wip of this diorama:

Well fellow modeling friends; it has certainly been a while since I posted my last truck build, especially longer if we mention a 1/24 scale diorama for that matter. Here is where I am with my latest project, representing a Truck 'on/off' loading bay. Now, let me apologies for not posting pics from the very beginning stages of this build. Unfortunately I lost pics from that time period. I was doing a transfer from my phone to the computer and erasing the originals at the same time. So, these are the ones that I have available for you all to see. But, I still have a bit to go before this is finish. So hopefully, I will be able to take some photos of the process from here on out. Hope you enjoy the photos. I wanted something different to work on and I thought this theme would provide some interest. It will incorporate a trailer, docked, and an open cargo bay next to the one you see in the diorama already. I will also add a forklift and some workers inside one of the bays. I am, trying to keep things simple, yet interesting for the eye to gaze upon. so we will see, if I can achieve the look I am going for. As always, things might change along the way or not, but regardless of how it turns out, I will try and make it an interesting diorama.The base for the diorama is made out of foam board or poster board and placed on a picture frame.

-------------------------

You can see what I used as the facade and pic frame for the base as well as how I intended to lay it all out:

----------------------------

The forklift is a plastic toy model I bought at a local super market. I was lucky, because the scale was 1/24. So I already started to take it apart and removing the internal mechanism to do some minor detailing and a repaint:

The Bay parts were made scratch built from plastic styrene and rubber materials, cut to fit. The signs were made from photos of the real thing scale down in Photoshop.The big opening which is painted a dark brown will remain as is. I decided it will not be seen, so there would be no point in detailing something that on one will see. As the reefer trailer is going to be docked right up to it, it will block out whatever view there is.

I added parallel guides for the truck on both sides of the bay door. They are made from thick and harden electrical wiring material. I picked this out of a container

which had been discarded. I thought, it would come in handy one day.

This pic shows the almost finished facade of the adjacent building. that will be place on the long side of the diorama.

tiking

I finally got the components together that will give me a reasonable spotlight design. I was planning of purchasing but decided that I could not wait and went ahead and scratch built my own. I think they will look 'ok', when painted.

tiking

I decided to scratch built my own security camera. Here are the parts and what I used to put my own together:

The components all laid out- I made the glass out of plastic. I had to mount the see-through plastic piece separately. Then cut a second piece to provide a protective cover for the lens. Then a third inner body piece as the internal housing:

---------------------------

The components mounted together: I think the effort was worth it:

-----------------------------------------
I used resin nuts and bolts. Glad I had bought many of these sometime ago. I knew they would have come in handy:

I made a drainage in the ground in front of the second docking platform:

tiking

I built the U-beam from an old piece of plastic I found. I painted it blue and added a piece of poster-board painted a concrete color.

This is what I used to paint the building. It was custom mixed by my local paint store. It is a concrete color.

-------------------------------

The dock platform:

tiking

More progress of the second truck docking bay.Added a black wash over the entire concrete platform. Then added a second brown wash accentiante the concrete. The results looked pretty good to me. Then I added

the details to the bay itself:

tiking

tiking

The lights painted and mounted together with the camera. I am pretty please how they both turned out:

tiking

Added some sporadic interior details inside the second docks. 

---------------------

Painted a yellow guide line in front of the second dock:

---------------------------

Added the Caution pillar:

tiking

I Made the docking bay door out some pieces of styrene.

The final bay door in place:

I then painted some thin white styrene stripes blue, for the trimming at the top edge of the building.

The bay door 'open & close' mechanism. I used a small piece I found in my 'box of tricks' and sliced up thin round styrene rod for the buttons.

The finished mechanism.

------------------------

I took some out door photos(not really good ones, as it was still early in the morning), but the results were enough to let me know it looks good in the outdoors.

tiking

I apologies for the bad pics. But when the diorama is completed, I will take better ones. These are just WIP as you can see:

The bay door 'open & close' mechanism painted and ready to mount on the inside wall:

I scratch built a drainage pipe that will be mount between both, the brick and concrete bay walls:

I have added side roof strips to all sides of the front facing building and painted them blue:

I scratch built a canopy for the second docking bay. I thought it was necessary and adds interest to the rest of the scene.

I used cardboard corrugated roofing which made the job easy and simple. This was later glued onto the styrene piece that was the canopy.

I used my trusty nuts and bolts for the areas that were going to be mounted to the wall. As you can also see, I made some bracing as well.:

The canopy mounted in place. I think it looks ok.

I decided to redo the concrete tarmac. I knew the ground did not look right, and this I was told should be perpendicular to the building and not at an angle as it is now. So I am trying to see if I can rectify my mistake by hiding those grooves. We'll see if it works.

Merci à nos partenaires !

Et pour le maquettisme mili, aéronautique... Visitez le forum partenaire