• Bienvenue sur Cyber-Mecha, le forum de la maquette de science-fiction. Merci de vous Connecter ou de vous Inscrire.

Truck Loading Bay + WIP

Démarré par tiking, 21 Janvier 2019 à 14:58:05

« précédent - suivant »

tiking

The Bay door mechanism device is now mounted.

------------------------------

tiking

I got the drain pipe in place. Yes. It is a little tight fit but it works. I have seen such fittings in very tight places. So I am not outside the norm.

Starting to add the little details both inside and outside. the concrete bay. Addind signs and graffiti around the bay. Also starting to add small scrape here and there.

I added the Bay Dock numbers on both docks.

I have now corrected the concrete ground, so it is perpendicular to the buildings. Took some spackling but I got it there.

tiking

I decided to redo the wheel guides. I thought they were too small in diameter. So I decided I had to scratch built them from Styrene. There are several design types but the one in the picture I posted below, is the common one.

My version:

This is the design I am basing my version on:

The most difficult in building this guide was getting the angle right. I had to cut three rod sections at an angle to get the curved 90 degree angle that you get in some of these guides. The one in the first prototype picture fortunately has a smooth one flow curve section all the way through. But I am modeling after the above, which has angle sections instead of the smooth curved version in the picture.

The finished model. I think it looks better than the one I had earlier:

Still continue to add details. Added a fire extinguisher to the docking bay:

The mounted extinguisher on the side of the bay door:

Decided to add an old two-wheel cart on the dock. Added interest:

Most wonder how I weather certain normal areas in my dioramas. Well. Nothing new or fantastic. I use real dust or dirt that I gathered from the ground at my work place. I even used dried much from my neighbors farm yard. They are the best.

tiking

Forklift WIP:
Did some detail work on the forklift to give it some character. This is a Dinky toy model I bought at my local grocery store. The price was 'ok' and on top of it, it is 1/24 scale. To my surprise this model is pretty close to the real thing in accuracy. So I did not have to do too much extra work to get it to look descent. I added the hydraulics, strobe, extra lighting and cabling bind to the framework of the forklift.

----------------------------

Made a lock for one of the opening, which I'not too sure what it is used for; but according to my prototype pic, it has a gas-tank lock on the right side of the chassis. So I made it to look like the one in my pic.

---------------------------------

Added some small details to the steering wheel:

Scraped away the extra stud that was on the forks:

-------------------------------------

Added an extra link from the steering wheel to the base of the forklift floor:

--------------------------------------

Since this forklift was missing peddles, I scratch built a pair:

An over view of the forklift ready to paint:

--------------------------

The forklift painted and weathered. Looks much better than in its original state. I see I forgot to add the logo before weathering(Darn it!!!) See if I can still add it.

--------------------------------

I used some kind of grease( don't know what kind) Otherwise, I usually use machine grease, mixed with black paint. Then I just apply it on the areas that has it on the real model. Like on the rack below:

tiking

I decided I will be making a sign for this building. I saw this children's alphabet with magnets on the back to be placed on a refrigerator. I chose the letters I wanted and removed the magnets from the back. The name on the building will be 'DAKO'.

Bouq'

Wow!!!!

What a project!

I like the diorama a lot but I love the WIP!!!!

sur Facebook : sur la Page ou dans le Groupe

- Remerciez les cyberméchanistes avec le bouton
- Les cyberméchanos près de chez vous

tiking

Citation de: Bouq' le 23 Janvier 2019 à 18:06:07
Wow!!!!

What a project!

I like the diorama a lot but I love the WIP!!!!

Appreciate it. Glad you do.

Merci à nos partenaires !

Et pour le maquettisme mili, aéronautique... Visitez le forum partenaire