• Bienvenue sur Cyber-Mecha, le forum de la maquette de science-fiction. Merci de vous Connecter ou de vous Inscrire.

Falke 'Heavily Modified' WIP - Completed!!!!

Démarré par tiking, 21 Janvier 2019 à 09:58:08

« précédent - suivant »

tiking

I decided to experiment with another artillery to give this craft a different look than the original gun that came with the kit. I managed to find an old WWII artillery gun in my 'Misc. Box'. So I devised a mount that will make it look the part. I call this, 'The Clunk Buster'. Just remember where you heard it first. ;)

tiking

I added more details to the piece. Will add a couple more:

tiking

Added several small details to make the artillery more intricate:

tiking

The overall look of the parts added to the pod and rear engine so far. I am going to work on the rear engine to make it look a little more complex, but not too much. Although this is an advance craft, it is still has somewhat-modern, technical and mechanical parts.

tiking

Now, more work done on the Falke. I decided that this build will only be a project for the Falke and therefore will be no diorama. This is simply because I want to start on my next project, which will involve another truck diorama(yeah, I know, no surprise...;) ). Also, because, I cannot seem to come up with a suitable diorama for it. I do have an idea of how it should be, but I just cannot get around putting it together. On top of that, I am not so inspired to do a sci-fi diorama. But maybe that will change in the near future. So, I will finish up this build and be done with it. 

Here we go:

I started to detail the engine. As you can see, it is 'OK' with just the original detailing, but it still needs more to give it more life:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I started adding bits of plastic cards and parts from various kits, taken from my 'Misc. Box of tricks'. You can see how all the exra details add life to the simple engine:

tiking

This is how it looks with some paint thrown on it( Not completely finished). It's not the best but, I wanted it to look a bit grimy, and worked-out, as this will be a hard worked Falke. ;)

Poseidon690

Hi,

Amazing WIP, love it too

Regards
Le vin c'est la France, alors lever le coude c'est saluer le Drapeau !!! Tittou - Mech'Albums

tiking

More painting on some detail parts taken from my 'box of tricks':

tiking

I managed to put some paint on my 'Clunk Buster' ( :lol:  Remind you of anything? ;) ) So it is all good to go!

This is what the finish build will look like. Well, I am hoping it will. As you can see, I have already painted the outter body of the Falke. It's a prilimary paint. So, it is not going to look like that. I wanted to see how the colors would look like but I was not exactly happy with the results. So, it is going to get make-over:

tiking

OK. here we go again guys. We are nearly at completion of this build. Not much left to do. I still have weathering and more details to add, not much but you all know how it is. Once you start on the details, one cannot seem to stop. :) You just seem to want more. And you all know how much of a detail freak I am. :)

Anyways, I have now painted the entire model, at the least the pod section or cockpit section black. The Kit offers several camo schemes and black was one of them. So I opted for this color. Of course the scheme is slightly different than the kits but I had to deviate from it. You know. Never an original kit, when it comes to building a kit. :)

Below are small details I decided to add after the model was painted.  I used decals both from the kit and other plane kits I have in my 'box of tricks'

tiking

Below is the painted pod without the engines mounted. The skull decal was a big issue. I had to slice the upper decal portion in sections to get the decal to fit and sit properly over the dome of the cockpit, properly. I was not 100% satisfied with the quality of the decals. Many got messed up or did not site right. :

tiking

Below is the painted pod without the engines mounted. The skull decal was a big issue. I had to slice the upper decal portion in sections to get the decal to fit and sit properly over the dome of the cockpit, properly. I was not 100% satisfied with the quality of the decals. Many got messed up or did not site right. :

Poseidon690

Re,

The paintwork is also great ! Really good job
Le vin c'est la France, alors lever le coude c'est saluer le Drapeau !!! Tittou - Mech'Albums

Bouq'

sur Facebook : sur la Page ou dans le Groupe

- Remerciez les cyberméchanistes avec le bouton
- Les cyberméchanos près de chez vous

tiking

Citation de: Poseidon690 le 21 Janvier 2019 à 10:26:49
Re,

The paintwork is also great ! Really good job

:Merci: Although, I would have preferred another paint scheme, like the previous paint job before I painted it black. Oh well! Next time perhaps.

ben-grimm

J arrive après la bataille mais super boulot

Merci à nos partenaires !

Et pour le maquettisme mili, aéronautique... Visitez le forum partenaire